Under the direction of the Screw Mach Supervisor, provides support to the operation and maintenance of the Screw Machine department by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Able to setup jobs to layouts supplied.
- Interface with inspection regarding first-piece inspection.
- Observe and supervise Screw Machine “B” and “C” employees.
- Perform in-process inspection
- Responsible for quality parts during manufacturing.
- Perform set up and production of products using Swiss turn equipment.
- On a daily basis is responsible for the accurate production of components that meet the print and quality standards.
- Perform unassisted setup of conventional and Swiss turn equipment. Edit programs as and when required to produce production parts.
- Use correct measuring instruments, i.e. micrometers, depth micrometers, verniers, and other related equipment to verify the part is being manufactured correctly.
- Learn and have a working knowledge of quality procedures and work instructions.
- Accurately and legibly process work orders.
- Keep machine and work area clean from oils, chip and unwanted materials.
- Contribute to safe work environment using equipment correctly and reporting machine malfunctions. Properly maintain the standard maintenance of equipment.
- Properly use tools to complete the machining process. Use of tools requires the ability to maintain, sharpen and replace tooling.
- Must be able to use mechanical gauges and tools & equipment.
- When needed, will perform other duties as requested by Screw Machine Supervisor.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The vision requirements include; standard vision.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to the basic “Machine Shop” and “Office” environments.
- Advanced blueprint reading
- Language Skills – Basic: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and superiors.
- Measuring Instruments – Advanced: Ability to comprehend and utilize measuring instruments at an advanced level.
- Reasoning Ability – Basic: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- 5 Years/Plus related job experience.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Screw Machine Operator: 5 years
To apply for this position, email your resume to: HumanResources@PhillipsMedicraft.com